Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist
Elizabeth Amy Weiss
178 E. Nesquohoning St
Easton, PA 18042
CIGNA Distribution Center
Supervisor: Ron Sorte
Start date 7/15/2015
Starting rate $10.00 hr
End date 3/2016
Ending rate $10 hr
Duties included, but not limited to:
-Workd on Zip sorter machines, which consisted of, taking outgoing mail out of slot it came out of & placing it in correct ,tagged mail bin, and when full, placed it on correct skid, then stretch wrapping it using the automatic stretch wrapping machine, tagging correctly for USPS to pick up daily outgoing mail from distribution center.
- Handwork, which consisted of, separating customer's statements, bills, or reimbursement checks, folding correctly either by hand or using folding machine, inserting into correct envelope, sealing envelopes and correctly run it thru postage machine, and delivering to either, zip machine or skid packing mail bins.
- Making tags for mail bins, filling slots with correct tags, remove all bins, and replace them with new ones, keep area cleaned, by sweeping or blowing machine out, and going to inserting machines to help operator run machine, when zip machine or hand work was done or not ready for shift.
Christmas City Printing
861 14th Ave.
Bethlehem, PA 18018
Supervisor: John Luzzi
start date: 10/2000
start rate $8.50 hr
End date: 3/2011
End rate: $14.00 hr
Duties include, but not limited to: setting up stitcher trimmer by reading customer's order, on job ticket/jacket, running stitcher trimmer by keeping pockets filled with proper lifts of printed, folded material, and taking off end of machine the finished books, in consisted number, and placing in either cartons, or buggy if needed to be run through another machine
- Running shrink wrapping machine, packing finished product consistently in same qty per ctn, and then labeling, and write up delivery receipt per customer's requirements or with name of job and qty per ctn, making sure the finished product is according to customer's order on job ticket/ jacket
- shrink wrapping, packing, collating by hand, inserting envelope's & sealing by hand, loading padding rack by placing consistent qty of printed material alternating with chipboard and by either using brush or roller to apply glue and when dried cut apart in between chipboard,then taken to shrink wrapper, or carton packed in consistent qty per ctn, by reading job ticket/jacket
- using machinery to either drill, round corner, tab seal, and occasionally using cutter to cut paper for presses,
- load folder and take off belt in consisted number of sheets per pile, to be either shrink wrapped, tab sealed, or run on stitcher trimmer
- preparing cartons for shipping either using FedEx, FedEx freight, UPS or freight co, which consisted of using each individuals shipping software, or creating bills of lading, contacting shippers directly & scheduling special pick ups, not on my daily scheduled pick ups.
-Taking stock of inventory & placing order with our purchaser, which included ctns in various sizes, shrink film, packing tape, tab seals, stitching wire, glue, & any special needs for customers job requirements/specifications.
- keeping work area clean, putting tools back correctly after using to set up machines
140 Christopher Lane
Harleysville, PA 19438
Phone # 215-513-1600
Supervisor: Frank Donnelly
start date: 9/1999
start rate $7.50 hr
End date: 10/2000
End rate $10.00 hr
Duties include, but not limited to: collating by hand, inserting, drilling, packing, shrink wrapping, taking off machines for operator's, labeling ctns, preparing finished product to be shipped out or delivered by one of our drivers.
Software House Int'l
2 Riverview Dr
Somerset, Nj 08873
Phone # 1-800-477-6479
Supervisor: Michael Haluska
start date: 9/1995
start rate: 20,000 yr
End date: 9/1999
End rate: 27,500 yr
Duties include, being a receptionist for the first two years of employment, which consisted of answering multi line incoming calls from customers, either transferring to correct person, placing them on hold when multiple phone's are ringing, or person they want to speak to is either not at their desk, or on another call, paging person to come up to front desk or they have a phone call, returning to customer placed on hold to adk if they'd like to hold longer, possibly speak to another person who may be able to help them, or be placed in voicemail of person they asked for.
- Fileing & sending customer's invoices by folding, inserting into envelopes, and running through postage machine
-Sorted incoming mail and placing in proper mailbox
-Sending our outside sales reps their weekly mailbox contents by using FedEx overnight
- I then got promoted to Administrative Assistant in the Human Resources Department, where my duties included: handing out New Employee's packages which consisted of: Health insurance, 401k, disability and life insurance information and enrollment forms and then collecting in a timely manner to enroll the employee into any insurance they chose to enroll into
- Making any necessary changes to employees insurance, per their request
- Getting any issues resolved employees may have had with insurance co's.
- Reading monthly statements from insurance co's, making sure all information is correct and our co was being billed correctly and getting any issues resolved
-Typing up, handing out and going over procedures for employees terminations, wether their choice or co.'s decision.
-Enrolling them into COBRA if they chose to keep and pay their own health insurance, cancelling their insurance if they chose not to, handling their 401k, life and disability insurance terminations, and or roll overs. Sending proper forms to insurance companies per ex employees decision.
- Collecting payments from employees who chose COBRA, sending out late notices or terminations for non-payment.
- Keeping in-house spreadsheets updated using Microsoft office, adding new employees and removing ex employees from spreadsheets and databases
-Creating spreadsheets for our Marketing Dept. as needed.
-Changed any personal information our employees may have needed to, as in, address, phone #'s, marital status, children, in our in-house database.
-Filling in for Receptionist lunch hour, or vacations or called off sick
Oaks Printing Co
No Longer in Business
start date: 5/1992
start rate $7.25 hr
End date 9/1995
End rate $10.50 hr
-Worked in bindery as head packager & changed jobs and became delivery driver, which consisted of delivering proofs to customers for pre approval, delivered finished jobs, also had to pick up approved proofs
-Meeting salesperson at designated spot with proofs, samples, or finished job for them to deliver to their customer.
-Filling in for warehouse employee when needed, which consisted of receiving and unloading off delivery trucks and inventoring skids of stock
-Using hand, electric, or propane jacks/ forklifts to load our van or truck with jobs to be delivered, and unloaded delivery trucks, received & put away accordingly.
-Also workd as a temporary employee in 1989 & 1990, rate of pay $6.35 hr
MaryAnne Schoch 610-703-9089
Michelle Hercig 610-703-4556
John Luzzi 570-236-9571